This website is provided and operated by Aroma Bit, Inc. (Aroma Bit).
Prior to making use of this website, we would like you to read the following terms and conditions carefully and proceed with its use only if you agree with and will abide by them. Please understand that your access to this website constitutes your full acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Aroma Bit may change these terms and conditions at any time as deemed necessary.
We therefore request you to check these terms and conditions each time you access this website.
The website sets the personal information policy as follows and all of our employers understands and comply to the purpose of the policy in order to manage personal information this website contains.
The web site defines that any information that may result in identification of individual as personal information.
Purpose of Personal Information Collection, the scope of use election and modification
When, in conjunction with the use of this website, Aroma bit requires users to provide personal information, Aroma Bit will provide, on each of the individual sites that make up this website, notifications to users that specify the reason the information is required, the intended use of the information requested and any other relevant matters. If you do not agree with the specified reason, the intended use of the information or other matters described, please refrain from providing Aroma Bit with your personal information. However, please be aware that this may exclude you from using certain services available on this website. In the course of using the personal information, the scope of consent agreed terms. Furthermore, if the visitors personal information should be modified ( such as address changes, etc). or if the visitors request the deletion of personal information, Aroma bit will modify, update or deleted the provided personal information. If the visitor requests referral of the personal information, when confirmed the identification of the visitor. Should such case may apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org via email.
Provided personal information will not provided to the third party unless the visitor has agreed or legally justifiable reason. Furthermore, in the case where the data processing of personal information is consigned to third party, the strict management by contract restricting leakage and Re-provision of personal information. will be in place and conducted.
Continuous Improvement Effort of Legal compliance and personal information management
While complying to legal regulations related to personal information, Aroma Bit will continue to occasionally review and improve. However, in the case where legal requested from legal authorities such as Court, Police and Consumer Center, we will disclose personal information.
Our website records of site visitors information as access log. Access log contains visitors domain name, IP address, browser type, access dates and time. The access log is used solely for the website maintenance and management, to conduct occasional study and analysis of website conditions purposes, and are not used for any other purposes.
Some parts of the Aroma Bit website may use a browser feature called “cookies.” Using cookies enable us to personalize your browsing experience and to make the site easier for you to use when you return to the site.A cookie is a small data file that is written to your hard drive when you visit certain websites. A cookie file will usually contain information such as a user ID that the website can use to keep track of pages that have been visited or contents of a shopping cart. The only personal information that a cookie will contain is that which you have already supplied to the website. A cookie cannot read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other websites. A cookie will not corrupt your hard drive or transmit a virus to your computer.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Japan. Any legal action related to this website and these terms and conditions of its usage shall be brought to the Tokyo District Court, Tokyo, Japan.
All content, information, designs, layouts, logos, trademarks, and other intellectual property contained in this website are protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights held by Aroma Bit or by other parties that have granted to Aroma Bit the license to make use of them. All persons accessing this website agree to make use of its content in a manner that does not infringe such rights.
Any inquiries should be addressed to below.
Aroma Bit Inc.
Sagami Building 2nd Floor., 7-13-6 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan 104-0061
The user (hereinafter referred to as the “User”) hereby agrees to the following terms and conditions of the license to use the application program related to odor sensors (hereinafter referred to as “Aromalyzer”) developed by Aroma Bit, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”), which is granted to the User hereunder (hereinafter referred to as this “Agreement”):
1. The Company hereby grants the User a non-exclusive license to use Aromalyzer under the operating environment specified by the Company (hereinafter referred to as the “Specified Operating Environment”).
Specified Operating Environment: Use on the hardware and operating system (current version only) specified by the Company
2. The User shall not transfer to any third party, pledge or sublicense to any third party the right to use Aromalyzer.
3. The license to use Aromalyzer is granted only for the purpose of reading data from odor sensor hardware including the odor sensor module of the Company.
The Company or a distributor will deliver Aromalyzer and a set of manuals to the User. ID and a password will be directly delivered to the User by the Company, and upon such delivery, the Company will notify the distributor thereof.
1. The Company warrants to the User that Aromalyzer operates as described in manuals under the Specified Operating Environment.
2. Any conflict with another application program installed by the User before or after the installation of Aromalyzer or defect due to modifications made to Aromalyzer by the User shall not be covered by the warranty under the preceding paragraph.
3. The Company shall not be liable to the User for any operating loss or other damages incurred by the User due to a defect in Aromalyzer.
The ownership of Aromalyzer and all items thereof such as memory media, manuals and documents shall belong to the Company.
1. The User shall not perform the acts set forth below.
(1) Distributing Aromalyzer or any item such as a manual or document to third parties without the consent of the Company
(2) Leaking technical secrets related to Aromalyzer
(3) Using Aromalyzer under any environment other than the Specified Operating Environment
(4) Improving or modifying Aromalyzer
(5) Analyzing Aromalyzer
2. If the User makes improvements or other modifications to Aromalyzer in violation of the preceding paragraph, all legal rights including copyrights and patent rights related to the part so improved or modified shall belong to the Company.
3. The User shall not exercise the moral rights of the author in relation to the use by the Company of improvements or other modifications referred to in the preceding paragraph.
The User shall not transfer, sublease or sell Aromalyzer to any third party.
1. The User acknowledges that copyrights to Aromalyzer belong to the Company.
2. The User may modify or adapt Aromalyzer only if it is necessary for its own use; provided, however, that any rights to deliverables after the modification or adaptation shall belong to the Company.
The User may make duplications of Aromalyzer only on memory media for backup purposes; provided, however, that on those duplications, the copyright notice of the Company shall be clearly indicated.
1. The term “confidential information” as used in this Agreement means Aromalyzer, and information disclosed or provided to the User in any form or on any medium of disclosure with the indication made by the Company to the effect that it is confidential; provided, however, that information disclosed or provided orally, by video or in any other form or on any other medium in or on which it is difficult by its nature to make the indication that it is confidential shall be deemed as confidential information if the Company conveys to the User that it is confidential at the time of disclosure and delivers to the User a document in which such confidential information is described with the indication that it is confidential within thirty (30) days after the disclosure.
2. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, information falling under any one of the items below as proven by the User shall not be handled as confidential information in this Agreement.
(1) Information that is already known to the public or in the possession of the User at the time of disclosure
(2) Information that becomes known to the public through no fault of the User after disclosure
(3) Information that is legally obtained from a third party by the User with no confidentiality obligations
(4) Information that is independently developed by the User
1. The User shall not disclose or leak to any third party any confidential information of the Company without the prior written consent of the Company.
2. The User shall manage confidential information with the due care of a prudent manager to comply with confidentiality obligations provided for in this Agreement.
3. The User shall disclose confidential information only to its officers and employees who need to know such information, and impose on those officers and employees obligations equivalent to its own confidentiality obligations under this Agreement.
4. If the leakage, loss, theft or misappropriation of confidential information or any similar incident occurs, or the User comes to know that such incident is likely to occur, the User will immediately notify the Company thereof.
The disclosure of confidential information of the Company under this Agreement shall not permit the User to create intellectual property such as an invention based on the confidential information; provided, however, that new intellectual property obtained by the User not using any confidential information of the Company before or after the expiration of the period of use of Aromalyzer shall belong to the User.
1. If any one of the reasons set forth in the items below arises on the side of the User, the Company may immediately terminate the license granted to the User to use Aromalyzer without any demand.
(1) The party commits gross negligence or an act of betrayal.
(2) The party is subject to suspension of transactions with member banks of a clearing house.
(3) A note drawn by the party is dishonored by a clearing house.
(4) A petition for provisional seizure, provisional disposition or seizure of the party’s property, collection of delinquent taxes from the party, or other compulsory execution on the party’s property is filed by a third party.
(5) A petition to initiate bankruptcy, civil rehabilitation, corporate reorganization or special liquidation proceedings is filed by or against the party.
(6) There is a reason for suspicion that the party has a relationship with antisocial forces.
(7) The party commits any other extremely wrongful act.
2. If the User fails to perform its obligation and remedy such failure after the Company has made demand therefor specifying a reasonable period of time, the Company may terminate the license granted to the User to use Aromalyzer.
If the license to use Aromalyzer is terminated, the User shall immediately return to the Company items such as media on which Aromalyzer was recorded, and manuals and duplications of Aromalyzer, and delete Aromalyzer in its PCs.
The User shall not transfer to any third party or provide as security all or any of its rights and obligations under this Agreement without the prior consent of the Company.
Any dispute related to this Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court in the first instance as agreed by the parties hereto.
Questions arising in connection with this Agreement, if any, will be resolved through consultation between the parties hereto in good faith.
(The remainder of this page is intentionally left blank.)
End of Document
Established on October 1, 2021
Revision on October 4, 2023